Pumpkin Spice Latte
Total prep time only takes ten minutes.
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
• 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
1) In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin and sugar over medium heat until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and coffee.
2) Pour into 2 large mugs. If you like, garnish each with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
• Allow the Pumpkin-Spice Latte to cool, and serve over ice for a cold version.
• If you do not have pumpkin pie spice at home, make your own by combining 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg. This will make about 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice mix.