Eat Healthy and Cheap This January
Beefy Rice Skillet
10 minutes prep time
25 minutes to cook
Makes 6 servings
Total of 222 Calories
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 cups lower sodium beef broth
• 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
• 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
• 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1. Cook beef with salt and garlic powder in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine.
2. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is of desired consistency.
– Emily LaRae Smith
River Village ALA