Celebrating the Holidays in Downtown Laramie
The holidays are fast approaching and if you’re wondering what to do in a small town like Laramie, one suggestion is to visit the shops downtown and restaurants downtown. There are lots of shops to visit and fun for both adults and children. Here is a rundown of events from Laramie Main Street:
* Nov. 29th – Small Business Saturday will be held from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 29, the Saturday following Thanksgiving.
* Nov. 29th and every Saturday in December, Wagon Rides will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pick up and drop off from 2nd Street and Grand Avenue.
* Nov. 28th – Dec. 17th – Children may write letters to Santa Claus and drop them off at mailboxes at Big Hollow Food Co-op, First Interstate Bank, the Boomerang and Qdobe.
* Dec. 5th – Tree Lighting in the First Street Plaza at 5:30 p.m.
* Dec 5th – “Frosty is Coming to Downtown” Lighted Holiday Parade at 6 p.m.
* Dec. 6th Photos and Pancakes with Santa from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Laramie Plains Civic Center.
* Dec. 7th –Boots, Brushes and Brew from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the historic Train Depot.
* Dec. 13th and Dec. 14th – Holiday Open House at the Ivinson Mansion at the Laramie Plains Museum. The theme is Nutcracker and the event is FREE from 3 to 6 p.m. on Dec. 13; and from 1 to 4 p.m. on Dec. 14.
* Dec. 14th – Holiday Treats Bazzar hosted by the Moose International Chapter at 409 3rd Street from 1 to 4 p.m.
For more information on where to go and what to do in Historic Downtown Laramie, visit Laramie Main Street at http://www.laramiemainstreet.org/ .
River Village ALA